Yellow is the New White! Did you know that? At least that's what I've heard lately. You should take notes because this powerful colour it's in this season, and if you don't believe me, look at this article from AD.
(Images taken from our Pinterest Mellow Yellow Inspiration board)
"Cheerful yellow is the color of the sun, associated with laughter, happiness and good times. A person surrounded by yellow feels optimistic because the brain actually releases more seratonin (the feel good chemical in the brain) when around this color. It is the color associated with optimism. It has the power to speed up our metabolism and bring out some creative thoughts. Yellow can be quickly overpowering if over-used, but used sparingly in the just right place and it can be an effective tool."
today I'm gonna give you a unique gift: 5 basic rules (or tips) to make your home look homey. Everyone should know this and if you already know it, then make it happen!
I think it's important that you feel cosy at your own place. This is what you need to create a great atmosphere: Art - Books - Photography - Flowers - Candles
1. ART: "Art is the only way to run away without leaving home". Art fills space, gives atmosphere, creates feelings, personalise place.
I know a well-known visual artist that does commissioned paintings for privates (and companies). She lives and works in London and is specialized in abstract paintings in all dimensions. Maybe you've already heard her name - Anahí Rodríguez :) To check out her work have a look at: www.anahirodriguez.com
I wanted to mention that we'll add soon a new section on our shop called "Atelier" where you'll be able to find different paintings and artworks for sale.
2. BOOKS: "Book lovers never go to bed alone". Reading makes you good. Reading enhances smarts, reduces stress, gives analytical thinking, improves your vocabulary, memory and writing skills and helps to prioritize goals. Books make a home (shelves, coffe table, library, etc).
3. PHOTOGRAPHY: "Pictures are memories frozen in time". They are the best way to remember and share those important moments of your own lives. There's something about glimpsing the special moments, grand and mundane, of people's lives. They help make a house feel loved and lived in (Frame them!).
4. FLOWERS/PLANTS: Flowers make us happy. They are life and they do much more than beautifying a place. They bring about positive emotional feelings in those who enter a room. They make the space more welcoming and create a sharing atmosphere... Buy flowers just because and you'll see.
5. CANDLES: Soft lighting from decorative candles can really set the mood of a home, whether it’s day time or night time. They create a relaxing and welcoming ambience with a romantic touch, don't you agree?
I hope you find this post useful. Enjoy the rest of the week.
From London with love,
This last weekend we had our traditional Xmas dinner, we invited some friends over and we had an enjoyable time. We prepared a very festive ambience with delicious food, crackers, gifts for Secret Santa and of course Mulled Wine couldn't be left out on such an event! Luckily we have our own Kilner Drink Dispenser (they're NOW back in stock) so we prepared this signature drink to serve it with style.
I want to share with you the recipe I used and my friends can confirm that it's just perfect (I took it from Kilner's Blog), I hope it inspires you:
The taste of Christmas, a festive drink that will leave you feeling warm and mellow.
- 1 part red wine
- 1 part lemonade
- 3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons of nutmeg
- 2 table spoons of brown sugar
Pour all ingredients into a large pan and warm on a low heat.
Do not boil.
Once the drink has been warmed add to your drinks dispenser and enjoy next to a roaring fire :)
If you don't fancy Mulled Wine you can always do Apple Cider or Cranberry Punch!
*** And just NOW you can find it with 10% OFF at ANAHI Collection
From London with love,
Anahí & Peter
From today we're all counting down the days till Christmas. It's true that it's the most wonderful time of the year... There's more time to spend with our loved ones, time to appreciate and enjoy the family... and that's invaluable!
I've been looking for some inspiration and here I got some pics for the Xmas Calendar (taken from Pinterest), even though I prefer the chocolate one, always!
If you want to buy a Xmas present but you are not sure what to give them, you can give them the gift of choice with a ANAHI Collection Gift Card. (Gift cards are delivered by email and contain instructions to redeem them at checkout. Our gift cards have no additional processing fees).
We can give you as well suggestions based on what you tell us (who the gift is for, his/her style, etc), we'll pick the best choice for you (even if it's not from our shop).
Don't hesitate to contact us, this is a (free) service which we will happily do for you!