November 11, 2014
| 0 Comments
When the cold weather hits, there's nothing better than curling up with a cosy mug of hot chocolate. I don't know why, but I believe hot chocolate has became a big thing lately in London. Chocolate is the answer, who cares what the question is.
So here I've made a list for you with the 10 best places to enjoy the best hot chocolate in London (well, actually, I copied it from Laura Porter, a London travel expert, but shhhh).
If you don't live in London, or don't plan to come here soon, this is our suggestion: We discovered this cute "Paquito El Chocolatero" in Madrid, my hometown. It's the Spanish way to prepare hot chocolate. The pack comes in a handcrafted Andalusian palm basket, and includes: 2 small red enamelware mugs, a red enamel chocolate saucepan, and a 200 g bar for making a hot chocolate created by long established artisan chocolatier Simon Coll. I'm off to make hot chocolate now!!
** By the way, research has shown that the consumption of hot chocolate can be positive to one's health. A study conducted by Cornell University has shown that hot chocolate contains more antioxidants than wine and tea, therefore reducing the risk of heart disease..!
October 20, 2014
| 0 Comments
Breezes are cooling down, leaves are changing colour and there's less light during the day... but I just imagine myself sitting by the fireplace, listening to a vinyl by Louis Armstrong while reading a novel, covered with a chunky throw... Autumn can be insanely gorgeous.
Here are just five reasons to fall in love with this time of the year:
1. There's a feeling in the air that makes you want to put pumpkininto every single recipe you make.
2. The taste in your mouth of warm apple cider on a chilly night.
3. Making your house smell warm and inviting with autumn scent simmer pots or scented candles.
4. The soft as butter and warm as a wollen blanket feeling of our handmade chunky throws, the cosiest of accesories on a crisp autumn afternoon.
5. The look of autumn's vibrant changing colours.
What do you think? Do you agree? Share the season.